Funerals for Children and Babies
We always hope that arranging a funeral for a child (or baby) will never happen, but sadly it does.
All of our Funeral Directors are fully experienced in looking after the child who has died and supporting the family.
We work closely with children’s hospices and support groups for bereaved children in Oxfordshire and beyond.
Funerals for Children and Babies:
Our charges free, only disbursements payable.
For children up to and including the age of 16 we provide the following services free of charge:
• Provision of a casket or coffin in white, pink or blue
• A suitable vehicle to transport the baby or child
• Bringing the baby or child into our care, washing and dressing them, and any visits in our Quiet Room
• Making all of the arrangements as instructed and liaising with third parties
• Our Funeral Director to look after the family on the day of the funeral, and provision of adequate bearers if required
We only pass on third party charges (‘disbursements’) such as minister/celebrant and church fees.
You may wish to choose a different coffin, or ask for additional services such as provision of a limousine for the family to travel in, floral tributes or service sheets. We can help with these additional items and will advise you of the cost.
In July 2019 the Children’s Funeral Fund for England was established to ensure no parent will have to pay for their child’s burial or cremation.
The scheme aims to reduce the financial burden for families by reimbursing burial authorities, cremation authorities and funeral directors directly.
The fund will be available regardless of the family’s income, and will also include a contribution towards the cost of a coffin.